If you are a developer and haven't pick which web publishing train to jump to yet, here are few hints.
WordPress is used by Government agencies
At WordCamp San Franciso 2008 the list of government agencies using WordPress was revealed.
- Air Force
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Coast Guard
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Department of Energy
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of State
- Department of Treasury
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Marine Corps
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- National Reconnaissance Agency
- National Security Agency (NSA)
(list from Mark)
If that does not impress you, visit WordPress Showcase for a list of famous people and companies using WordPress.
WordPress is more popular then competition
Judging by traffic numbers alone, WordPress is the most popular CMS. That insures growing need for developers.
WordPress Jobs are more abundant with every day
As more sites start using WordPress, there are more opportunities for WordPress developers each day. Check jobs.wordpress.net for some of the latest openings.
WordPress development community is cool
WordPress is created by a joint effort of large number of contributors.
WordPress is easy to learn!
WordPress development learning curve is among one of the most favorable around. Almost as easy as it is to install WordPress, it's easy to learn plugin development.
If you are developer in soul and still haven't tried WordPress, now it's the right time to try. 'Nuff said.
More like this:
- Adding commercial intent to WordPress sites, a solution for plugin developers?
- Rising Stars among WordPress plugins
- WordPress Plugin Development Book Reviews
Posted in: WordPress
TAGS:bookmark plugin drupal, building hosting page web, building website wordpress developers, chris bolton usmc retired, concrete5 developer, developer modify wordpress, drupal social bookmarks, expressionengine developer, habari plugin tagline, habari wordpress 2009, list building, pick wordpress, plugin list, shane sponagle, wordpress developer, wordpress development