Guys I am really sorry but I am not able to provide support for this plugin. That's the "price" of it being free. Most of the things you think don't work, really work, please check the documentation before you despair :)
Smart Youtube is a WordPress Video plugin that allows you to easily insert videos/playlists into your post, comments and in your RSS feed. The plugin is designed to be small and fast and not use any external resources.
Smart Youtube is one of the most popular WordPress plugins, with more than 1,000,000 downloads.
From version 4.0 Smart Youtube changed the name to Smart Youtube PRO and now also supports playback of Youtube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Liveleak and Facebook high quality videos, works on iPhone&iPad, produces xHTML valid code (unlike YouTube embed code), allows you to view videos in fullscreen, has robust widget support and much more.
The videos will be embedded in your RSS feed as well, and if this is not support by the reader you can choose to have video link and/or video preview screenshot displayed instead.
- Easily embeds YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Liveleak and Facebook videos (normal/HD mode)
- Works on iPhone, iPad and iPod
- Embed YouTube playlist (normal/HD)
- Supports latest high quality video protocols (360p and HD quality 720p)
- Allows full YouTube customization (colors, border, size, full screen...)
- Supports video deep linking (starting at desired point with &start=time parameter)
- Supports migrated blogs from WordPress.com
- Supports migration from other Youtube plugins such as wp-youtube
- Extract video thumbnails in your archive/category posts
- Provides a sidebar widget for videos as well
- Produces xHTML valid code
- Very fast and light, no extra scripts needed
You can discuss all plugin related issues in the wordpress plugin forums.
Installation & Usage
- Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to the Plugins page and activate the plugin.
- Use the Options page to change RSS feed options
- When you want to display Youtube video in your post, paste the video link with httpv:// (notice the 'v')
0000000 part is your video REF#
The video will be automatically embedded to your post in the proper way.
If you want to post a high/HD (DVD quality, 720p) quality video you would use httpvh:// ('vh' for video high resolution)
To embed a playlist use extension 'vp' (eg. httpvp://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=528026B4F7B34094)
To use video deep linking just add &start=time parameter at the end of url. For example httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWfksMD4PAg&start=30 will start the video 30 seconds in.
Additionally, you can set how do you want the video to be displayed in your RSS feed. Smart Youtube can show the preview image of the video (automatically grabbed from Youtube), the link to the video, or both. I recommend enabling only the preview image.
= 4.0 =
* Major release
* Added support for Vimeo, Metacafe, Liveleak and Facebook videos
* Now parses http:// and httpv:// videos jsut the same
* Option to autoplay only the first video on the page
* Exctract Video thumbnails
* Show video is Colorbox
* New much better, sidebar Widget support
= 3.9.1 =
Support for WiziApp.
= 3.8 =
* Support for new IFRAME embed code
* Support for HD playlists (httpvhp)
* Support for new play formats (1280x745 & 960x745)
- Changes to Iphone video embed