Snazzy Archives is a visualization plugin for your WordPress site featuring an unique way to display all your posts. Your archive page will never be boring again!
Snazzy archives simply lets you express yourself and your blog. You can select different layouts and special effects, Snazzy archives will make sure your content stands out.
Snazzy Archives in action
- Unique visual presentation of blog posts
- Will work out of the box with all features
- Posts are scanned for images and youtube videos and shown together with number of comments
- Different editable layouts (HTML and CSS)
- Special effects using jQuery
- Caching available for faster access
- Layout 1 - All posts are evenly spread in blocks
- Layout 2 - Try clicking date and month headers!
- Special FX 1 Carousel - for saving space, a carousel
- Special FX 2 jQuert Space - still experimental, rotating post cloud
- Special FX 3 Flash Space - still experimental, using flash
Installation & Usage
- Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to the Plugins page and activate the plugin.
- Use the Options page to change your options
- Use the code
[snazzy-archive](without one space) in a post or page where you want to display the archive
You may want to edit the CSS file immediately to adjust the look for your blog. Please read the FAQ for explanation how.
Frequently Asked Questions
Supprt questions can be asked in the plugin support forum.
This looks like Tumblr!
The idea comes actually from this page and people from a popular microblogging platform Tumblr have used it on their blogs as well. I have taken the idea further, creating a plugin that is differnt in many ways.
How can I change default size of archive?
Open style-archive.css for editing. This is the main file for styling information. First element .snazzy describes the main container.
Height attribute is the height of archive, remove the line if you want full height. Same applies to width. If the archive can not fit in the container, scrollbars will be shown like on the picture.
Also you can enable special effect 1 in your plugin options, this will create a so called carousel effect that will further save space.
How do I change the height and width of the posts and pictures?
Just edit the width of .sz_cont element and height of .sz_img element and notice the change immediately.
How can I show archives full screen like you do?
First create a new empty template file, for example snazzy.php, Then just include header and Snazzy archive call, not the sidebar.Then upload snazzy.php to your theme folder and create a new page on your blog using this template (write page and select this template instead of the default; the option for template is found below the post).
Here is how can one such file look like:
Template Name: Snazzy Archives
<?php get_header(); ?>
<?php if (isset($SnazzyArchives)) echo $SnazzyArchives->display(); ?>
<?php get_footer(); ?>
How do I edit and add layouts?
Layouts are stored in files snazzy-layout-1.php, snazzy-layout-2.php and so on.. Edit these fles or make your own using the available variables
- $first_for_day - is the comment first for given day, used usually for additional clearance
- $title - post title
- $excerpt - post excerpt
- $comcount - number of comments
- $imageurl - url of the post image
- $youtubeurl - url of the video (without http://)
- $day, $month, $year - date of post
How do I set carousel options?
Options for carousel (special effect #1) can be found in snazzy-archives.js.php file. You can set how many elements are visible at once (variable visible) and if you change width of the items in your CSS file, do not forget to change it here as well - option def_width (add 16px for default padding).
How can I contribute?
You can create your own custom layouts and special effects! Send them to me for inclusion in future versions. Also you can send your feedback, bug reports and suggestions.
- Added caching
- Added option to load images
- Added option to specify page id, so the scripts load only that page
v0.6 - Added options to show years in rows and months in reverse order (thanks Jorge Sierra!)
v0.5 - IE fix and xHTML compliance
v0.4 - bug fix release. changed the code to [snazzy-archive]
v0.1 - First release
You can also visit my other WordPress Plugins.