WP Wall – WordPress Guestbook Plugin

WP Wall is a "Wall" widget that appears in your blog's side bar. Readers can add a quick comment about the blog as a whole, and the comment will appear in the sidebar immediately (without reloading the page).

All comments are internally handled by WordPress so that means you have normal comment moderation, SPAM protection and new comment notification.

WP Wall is fully customizable with a CSS file and included graphics.

WP Wall features:

• Global commenting "Wall"
  • Comments are handled entirely by WordPress
  • RSS Feed for the Wall
  • Smilies
  • Instant delete for admin
  • Navigation through pages
  • Interactive Wall: It can automatically refresh turning into a chat

4. Add the widget to your sidebar

5. Optionally add WP Wall recent comments to your sidebar. This will filter out wall comments from appearing on recent comments list

WP Wall Admin

FAQ

How does it work?

It creates a draft page in your blog under which all comments are stored.

What if I don't use widgets, how do I code this to appear in the sidebar?

Just put this code somewhere in your theme template, probably sidebar.php

<?php  if (function_exists('WPWall_Widget')) WPWall_Widget(); ?>

How does it combat SPAM ?

The same way your usual blog comments work. You can enable comment moderation. Or you can install one of the spam blocking plugins like Akismet.

How to have fixed height and a scrollbar for multiple comments?

Open up wp-wall.css and look for #wallcomments. You should add something like height:200px;. This will give it fixed height. Then increase the number of comments in the settings to 10-15.

How do I change it into a shoutbox/chat?

Just set the refresh time to 5 seconds in the WP Wall options. The Wall becomes a chat-box :)

Performance issues with hosting/server

Be careful with setting interactive chat option. On busy sites this can cause overload of server resources. Try increase the refresh time above 10 seconds or disable this option by setting 0.

An error occurred, please notify the administrator

If you have this problem, change the file permissions of the files in the wp wall directory to 755.

How can I enable smilies?

WP Wall can show smilies using built in WordPress functionality if you enable it in your administration panel (Settings-> Writing-> Convert emoticons...). You can find more information about using smilies here .

Is it possible to display a “Wall-Archive” Page to show all comments?

Actually you will find WP Wall in your draft pages. Just edit it to your liking and - publish it! All comments will appear at the end of the page as usual.
How do I add a border around the comment wall?

Add this to #wallcomments section of css file:

border: 1px solid #cccccc;
padding 7px;

How did you solve the problem with the commenter's email address?

The plugin does not require one to enter their email address.

What's new

- Fixed bug with if the blog was not in root directory (thanks Enrico Rossomando)
- Added a special recent comments widget which will not display Wall comments (thanks Enrico Rossomando!)
- Tested in 2.8

If you are looking for WordPress Developer, feel free to contact me.

1. Daniel Bocchino
    Jan 4th, 2012 7:00 PM

mmm... the problem is with ajax update

2. Daniel Bocchino
    Jan 4th, 2012 6:58 PM

Can you maka a spanish special character filter???
    can't do it for myself... please it's good idea for next update..

3. Jay
    Oct 4th, 2011 3:27 PM

I soon learnt you if you want to delete a comment, you just click the person who posted name. Lovely and efficiant and all wall posts, go into the comment section in wp and you can admin via that (just if anybody was as confused as me to start with.

However, I have another sort of request...would it be at all possible to have the text box not visible until the person clicks "write on the wall" or whatever?

4. Martin
    Oct 4th, 2011 3:01 PM

doges of Bohemia, with virtually alone in the admin uidím comments, or can I somehow managed as admin?

5. Jay
    Oct 2nd, 2011 2:29 PM

How do I admin the comments? I cant find anything to do with the admin side anywhere. Help would be greatly appreciated if anybody has any ideas. Thanks

6. Aug 7th, 2011 8:48 PM

I'm using the Wall Widget on a client's site I'm working on (http://rockshopnroll.com/wordpress/category/scene/) and my issue is no matter what it keeps asking me once I complete and submit the form to fill in the required fields. How can I stop it from doing that? The forms won't submit as a result.

7. Jul 24th, 2011 10:41 PM

Hi there,

great plugin, thanks for sharing!

Is there a shortcode for this by any chance? I'd like to embed it directly into a page...

Thanks!

Matthew

8. Jul 20th, 2011 9:26 PM

A Demo for the plugin would boost its download numbers....

9. Mark
    May 2nd, 2011 9:09 AM

Great plugin!

Is there any way to show page numbers along with the arrows?

10. Liesl Fawcett
    Apr 20th, 2011 6:00 AM

This is an amazing plugin! I was wondering, is it possible to remove the Submit field and allow users to submit their comment by pressing the Enter key after typing in the textarea? I REALLY want this for my website.

11. Tadeas
    Apr 8th, 2011 4:35 PM

Hi, very usefull plugin indded.
    Is it possible to enable simple TinyMCE functions in the "Leave a reply" box?

12. Mar 16th, 2011 11:19 AM

Hi, this is very nice plugin, but it corrupts formating in my woo theme Skeptical.. Unfortunately. And I saw that also others have similar problems. Any solution? Thanks! Klimas

13. Mar 13th, 2011 5:41 PM

thank you it is working in my site googlemoney.spicercampus.com

14. Mar 6th, 2011 7:14 AM

Is there any demo page? Where can i find it?

Thanks.