Blue Grace

Blue Grace is a lightweight, super-optimized free blog theme packed with features. It uses 3 column layout for maximum accessibility and small digital footprint for minimum bandwidth usage and loading times.

Download Latest Blue Grace

Features

• Modern, three columns, Photo-friendly, Widget ready, SEO friendly
  • Passes xHTML/CSS validation
  • Out of box full SEO optimization including titles and page headings
  • Easy to add Adsense
  • Optimized for speed and loading time, no javascript usage
  • Adjustable rotating images in the header
  • Gravatars support
  • Out of box Social networking buttons
  • Multi-pages widget
  • Chunk long urls in comments
  • Customized 404 page
  • Access to admin menu from home page (click on blog description)
  • Plus much more...

Few words on the theme

This is a new and fresh version of the popular Amazing Grace theme. You can read more about the history of Amazing Grace on the theme page.

Images

Images used in the themes are provided as example only and have been obtained through Internet wallpaper sites without any known copyright information. They may be copyrighted by their respectful owners.

1. Unpack this archive in your wp-content/themes/ directory.
  2. Go to Admin WordPress and select presentation.
  3. Select Blue Grace
  4. You can also use Theme Test Drive plugin to see how the theme looks with your content before going live with it

Customization

Everyone has a different taste and there are couple of easy customization changes you can do to change Amazing Grace to suit your needs.

If you did not find what you need you can check out my WordPress Forums.

Read the rest on Amazing Grace page.

• 06th October, 2008 v1.0: Initial release

License

Blue Grace theme is released under GPL License.

You may freely remove footer links if they bother you.

Services

See my WordPress Consulting Services page for more information.

1. Dec 14th, 2008 1:54 AM

Hi, Vladimir.
    Thanks for great theme, I use it as my default theme. but I have problem with sidebar, here appear 10 recent comment, I want 5. I have look around to fix it, unfortunately I'm not find the answer yet. Would you help me please?

2. Dec 9th, 2008 1:05 AM

Sorry, the right link to the page ist http://www.fisch-fotos.de

3. Dec 9th, 2008 1:04 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the theme, but one question: How could i restrict the maximum entries of the Mainpage? At the moment i have 25 entries there, but only want to have a maximum of ten.

4. Dec 6th, 2008 11:28 PM

This is the best wordpress theme I've ever come across. I've been a great fan of Amazing Grace theme and now Blue Grace has taken it's position.

Thanks for sharing this theme.

5. Dec 3rd, 2008 4:06 AM

I love how clean and readable Blue Grace is. I'm installing now.

6. Kelly
    Nov 18th, 2008 11:11 PM

Very beautiful theme, I wish I could figure out how to change the pictures. :)

7. Nov 18th, 2008 5:20 AM

Great theme! & Site!

Love the endless amount of info, as I am new to blogging.

Question: is there any way to have your theme allow me to use my own photos?

Thanks very much!

adacosta.

8. kerre
    Nov 11th, 2008 12:35 AM

I need help. What is the CSS code for the main title font size/color? Any help is appreciated!

9. Nov 6th, 2008 10:28 PM

I love the theme and have started to use it on my chess lessons site.

It seems that the Archives page isn't working, so I have temporarily solved this by deleting the (empty) Archives page.

10. Leo
    Nov 4th, 2008 11:18 PM

Hi,

Do you will update your theme for new features of wordpress 2.7, like threaded comments ?

Thanks a lot for your theme.

11. Nov 1st, 2008 1:51 PM

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for releasing this version of Blue Grace. I have been using your theme so far -- Amazing Grace.

I would like to upgrade it to this version of theme. May I know if there is an easy way to upgrade it to this version, or should I install this version from scratch again?

Thanks again for your good work Vladimir!

12. Neven
    Nov 1st, 2008 11:11 AM

There are some problems with the CODE tag so, the code should look like this:
    L10: <h4><?php _e(’Recent Posts’); ?></h4>
    L22: <h4><?php _e(’Archives’); ?></h4>
    L47…
    <div class=”search-form”>

<form method=”get” id=”searchform” action=”<?php bloginfo(’home’); ?>/”>
    <input type=”text” value=”<?php _e(’Search’); ?>” name=”s” id=”s” onblur=”if (this.value == ”)
    {this.value = ‘<?php _e(’Search’); ?>’;}”
    onfocus=”if (this.value == ‘<?php _e(’Search’); ?>’)
    {this.value = ”;}” />
    <input type=”hidden” id=”searchsubmit” />
    </form>

</div>

13. Neven
    Nov 1st, 2008 11:01 AM

It is me again.
    in Sidebar.php, line 10; you have hardcoded widget title. It is visible if you use another language. It should be:

In the line 22 you call original term "Archive" while actually, the correct name is "Archives, so this line is also not propperly localized. It should be:

Also, the search box does is not localized. Here's how I did it:
    lines 47 ->

<form method="get" id="searchform" action="/">
    <input type="text" value="" name="s" id="s" onblur="if (this.value == '')
    {this.value = '';}"
    onfocus="if (this.value == '')
    {this.value = '';}" />

Vlado, molim te na e-mail na koji način da ti dostavljam ovakve opservacije (ako ih uočim u skimu) mislim da ne trebaju biti u komentarima. Slobodno obrišeš kad pročitaš.
    Pozdrav!

14. Neven
    Oct 30th, 2008 12:24 AM

Hvala lijepa na lijepom dizajnu, Vlado!
    Perhaps it was my WP installation, or my Apache, but I had a problem with favicon. This line in header solved it for me <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" />
    Keep up the great work.

15. Oct 29th, 2008 5:32 PM

Love the theme, although I do have one question.

Is there an easy way for me to have both sidebars on the left hand side of the screen as opposed to the right hand side?

16. Oct 28th, 2008 12:43 AM

@king - Usually a theme does not have to do anything with the rss feed

Cheers everyone for support!

17. Oct 10th, 2008 7:48 PM

Found your theme yesterday. Use in my blog now. Great work and theme!

18. Dan
    Oct 10th, 2008 5:52 AM

This is very nice and clean! Love header images that change!

19. Oct 9th, 2008 11:39 PM

A lovely wordpress theme - it's so calming!

20. Oct 9th, 2008 6:31 PM

Great theme,tks!

21. Oct 9th, 2008 4:44 AM

When I validate my blog use Blue Grace theme with Feed Validator, it appear message :

It looks like this is a web page, not a feed. I looked for a feed associated with this page, but couldn't find one. Please enter the address of your feed to validate.

And the source was highligted yellow :
    #
    #

IceRocket also can not work well when I try to add my blog.

Thanks